You are not warranted to work forever as a United States Postal Service employee. One day you will retire from offering your services to USPS. However, before you retire, you must consider how you would like your retirement.
For all those who start saving early, their retirement will be fantastic. Remember, when you retire, you won’t be receiving monthly payments. But if you save while working, you will not have challenges paying for your expenses.
That’s why, as a USPS employee, you are advised to start saving for your retirement early. You can do that by going to Liteblue eRetire and following the procedure.
However, if you are new or don’t know much about eRetire, this guide will give you all the information you need to know.
What is Liteblue eRetire?
eRetire is a web platform that gives all USPS workers an easy planning method and begins saving for their retirement early. Additionally, it enables you to select a retirement plan that suits you.
Who is Eligible for eRetire?
If you are a permanent USPS employee, then you are eligible to use eRetire. However, not all full-time employees can use this platform only;
- Those who are going to retire in five years, or
- Going to retire in six months, or
- Those who qualify for Optional Retirement
However, for part-time postal inspectors and non-traditional full-time USPS employees, you must contact HRSSC to get a manual annuity estimate. You will receive your annuity estimate at your specified address within seven to ten business days if you belong in this category.
NB: Call 1-877-477-3273 to contact HRSSC, choose option five, and ask the specialist for your annuity estimate. Moreover, go to HRSSC for more contacts.
What Can an Employee Do in eRetire?
Generally, if you qualify for eRetire, you can do the following things.
- Begin your retirement process by choosing a retirement date
- Viewing and printing annuity estimate
- Arrange when you will meet a retirement counselor
- Claim for retirement application forms that you can download directly or send to your mail.
How to Login to Liteblue eRetire?
- If you have never used this platform, you might have challenges. However, I want to simplify it for you and save you time.
- First, go to Human Resources.
- Then scroll down the web page, and you will see Employee Apps.
- Once the Employee Apps page opens, you will see many options. Scroll down and click eRetire to open the page.
- Here you will be required to enter your Employee ID and USPS Password. Enter then and Click on Log On to continue to eRetire.
By doing so, you will have accessed the eRetire portal.
Which Browsers are Compatible with eRetire?
You can only access the eRetire portal through the following browser.
Internet Explorer version7/8/11 alone
- No other browser can successfully open the eRetire website as of today. So, if you have either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, don’t use them.
- Additionally, you must enable a compatibility view for those using Internet Explorer Version 11.
- In case you don’t know how to enable compatibility view on IE11.
- After opening the eRetire site, click on the settings icon. It is found on the top right side of the browser.
- When you open settings, you will see several options but click on Compatibility View Settings.
- Then on Add this website, you will see usps.gov. Click on Add, scroll down, tick the box beside Use Microsoft compatibility lists, and then close.
By doing so, you can access the eRetire portal through your IE11.
Therefore, if you have been searching for information about LiteBlue eRetire, you have learned all about it today. For any other questions about eRetire, don’t hesitate to leave a comment, and you will get an instant response.
Glad you have read the guide to the end. Nice time.