Topics Covered Inside
- USPS Employee Assistance Program
- What Personal Concerns Does Employee Assistance Program Resolve?
- How to Access EAP Services?
- How Qualified is an EAP Counselor?
- Employee Assistance Program Services
- The Best Time to Call Employee Assistance Program
- FAQ About EAP
USPS Employee Assistance Program
USPS Liteblue Employee Assistance Program also known as EAP is a free program that allows all its employees to get essential services such as stress management, anxiety, depression control, and many other life challenges. If you are an employee of USPS, then you will get support when you are faced with any problem at any time.
The United States Postal Service is the largest postal service company in the U.S. It has employed many workers across it over thirty thousand post offices in the United States. But according to this company, their employees are crucial to in-service delivery. That’s why they have the Employee Assistance Program.
Not only does it serve you as an employee of USPS, but your family members can also access services provided through this portal.
What Personal Concerns Does Employee Assistance Program Resolve?
As you have read, this program is only available to United States Postal Service employees and their family members. But what help will you get through EAP?
First, you should understand that when working in a large corporation like USPS, different employees undergo specific difficulties in life. Through this program, you, as an employee or your kin, will be able to receive the following assistance.
- Low efficiency, performance decrease, and non-attendance are effects of work stress. If you ever have this problem, please visit the EAP portal and get quick assistance.
Depression and Anxiety
- When you are depressed or anxious, it will affect your general performance at work. To avoid low performance, USPS encourages all its members with such issues to go to the Employee Assistance Program for help.
- Money is vital in day-to-day life. Without enough money to fulfill your responsibilities, you will be worried. That’s not good for you as an employee. Therefore, feel free to talk to EAP counselors when you have such a challenge.
- Not every day will you be happy in your marriage. You might encounter a challenge in that you may require professional advice. Hence, through EAP, USPS is best to help their employees with such problems.
- Everyone gets angry at one point in life. However, some people have anger management problems. If you are an employee and you know that you have this problem. Don’t fear seeking help from the Employee Assistance Program. As such, an issue can lead to bad relationships with your fellow employees.
- You might have drug or alcohol problems and wish to stop all that and focus on your job at USPS. The only problem is you don’t know of a professional to help with that. Look no more, as EAP therapists can help you stop substance abuse.
Other help you will get from this program include;
- Parenting problems
- Grief or Loss of a family member
- Dealing with change
- Issues to do with a relationship
If you or your family member ever have such issues, please seek help from EAP.
How to Access EAP Services?
- When you want help from the Employee Assistance Program, know that you can contact the EAP counselors anytime via phone.
- Call them at 1-800-327-4968, 1-800-EAP-4YOU, or TTY: 1-877-492-7341.
- They are available 24/7 throughout the year. So, for any help, don’t hesitate to call them.
- Furthermore, you can visit EAP’s official website for more information.
How Qualified is an EAP Counselor?
When it comes to personal problems and seeking help, you need a professional who will understand your situation and journey with you in resolving it.
For high-level and quality services, USPS has employed highly-qualified individuals to counsel you. The minimum qualification of an EAP counselor is a Master’s degree in either Social Work or Counselling.
This is to safeguard your problems and people who understand ethical standards.
Employee Assistance Program Services
Here are the services you will get when you seek help from EAP.
- If you feel you are not comfortable with calling, you can choose to meet a therapist face-to-face and share with them your life challenges.
- You can get counseling by calling clinicians. The numbers are 1-800-327-4968, 1-800-EAP-4YOU, or TTY: 1-877-492-7341.
- You can also reach EAP counselors through video links and get help anytime.
- If you prefer texting, then you can do that via the TALKSPACE messaging platform to chat with therapists. This service is free.
- For free online help, please consider using my strength.
NB: Remember, all these services are available to all USPS employees and their family members.
Know more details about the Liteblue TSP
The Best Time to Call Employee Assistance Program
Whether personal or work-related problems, always feel free to contact EAP clinicians at any time. The main aim of EAP is to resolve whatever situation you are undergoing. Other than solutions to problems, you can also call EAP when you need help making critical choices.
How Does Counselling Work?
Contacting a therapist will first ensure you understand what you are going through by clarifying your problem.
Next, you and the counselor will look at different options for solving your problem.
Lastly, they will give you a plan to overcome your troubles.
Do I Pay for the Services Offered by EAP Counselors?
When you consult an EAP therapist, USPS employees have no cost. However, when you require additional help from counselors, you can get it at your own expense. Furthermore, you can use a personal insurance cover or health benefit plan provided by the Federal government.
About Job Security
Most employees are afraid to seek EAP services because they fear losing their jobs. That’s not true. No one forces you to seek help, but it’s your initiative. Hence, your problems will not affect your position in any way.
Many USPS Liteblue employees have sought in-depth information about the Employee Assistance Program. Thanks for your reading to the end. For any questions, please comment, and you will get an instant reply.
FAQ About EAP
Does the employee have to make initial contact with a family member?
You don’t have to take your family member for counseling. If they need help, they can go individually and get assistance from Employee Assistance Program counselors.
Can I Get More Than Personal or Work-Related Help?
You can talk to the counselor and get help if you have multiple problems. You are not confined to getting help for one problem.
Is My Session with a Counselor Confidential?
It is confidential. No matter the issue, nothing will be recorded in your OPF (official personnel file).